Menu

Pearls

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Enchantress Posts: 1509
Hi all, Any of you genius's know where i could get bags of (fake) pearls (not the ones with the holes in them for jewellery making)... I have checked good old ebay but cant seem to find what i need! :wv
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Hi, I don't know where you're based, but I know the market in Blackrock in Dublin has a stall that sells beads for jewellery making, you might get something there. You might get some info here http://www.blackrockmarket.com/
:thnk Will check it out!
Betsy May Posts: 2168
Hi Excitedbride2be - I am sorry to be nosy but what you are going to do with the pearls? I am trying to work pearls into the wedding theme and aside from wrapping strands of them around the candles and into the flowers I can't think of many ways to incorporate them. Looking for inspiration :thnk
Hi, My dress has pearls in it and i'm looking for something other than petals to decorate the tables... I have found some lovely clear crystals, black / pink acrylic nuggets and now i want to see how much pearls are...wana get a sample of all 3 to see which one will work best on my tables. I also seen lovely pearl looking candles and also for the cake you can ask the cake maker to put edible pearls on it for decoration? :wv
Betsy May Posts: 2168
Thanks for the ideas :thnk Will get onto my baker about the edible pearls!
Snowqueen Posts: 345
I'm not sure if this is any help but it's an idea that I was playing around with for my own wedding. [b:2q6f45jn]Dunnes [/b:2q6f45jn]have pearl garlands among their christmas decorations and I was thinking of using them around the base of the centre-pieces or draped in candleabras. I was afraid that if I used pearls on the tables they would roll onto the floor and people would be losing their footing on the dance floor, but this way they were all stuck to the garland. It's hard to describe - a bit like a long rope of pearls with smaller strands off it every couple of inches, threaded with different sized pearls. It was €10 for a garland and I thought that half a garland would do for each arrangement. It does mean that it's more like part of the centrepiece than petals/ crystals which you can scatter further out along the table. If you decide to get the jewellery type pearls and thread them yourself I recommend a trip to penneys! They have packets of elasticated pearl bracelets (I think about 4 bracelets for €1.50 or thereabouts) and if you take them apart you'll have loads of pearls in differernt sizes. It's much cheaper than buying them from bead shops.
WinterGal Posts: 835
Try Hickey's fabric shop. I'm 99% sure they have them.
ozypozy Posts: 2950
http://www.carnmeal.com/details/213/4mm-round-pearls Try this link, theres some there. theres more if you just do a search for pearls on their homepage. www.carnmeal.com ozy
Miss Indecisive Posts: 996
there's a bead/ribbon shop on clarendon street in dub city centre. they will almost certainly have the kinda thing you're looking for. can't remember the name of this, it's opposite a Thai restaraunt called saba or you could try Crown Jewels – The Bead Shop, 12 Castle Market St. This small shop is a treasure-trove of beads, buttons, etc., between George St. Market and Powerscourt Townhouse Centre