Poll:How long were you trying before you got pregnant?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

yippeeme Posts: 2139
Just wondering how many are lucky enough to get pregnant straight away or after a short time trying. I hope this isn't insensitive to all the TTC'ers, i'm just about to start TTC myself and just wondering on average how long it takes...how long is a piece of string i know... Apologies if this is already done. Edited to put Poll in the title!
anika Posts: 2194
I got pregnant first time trying on both of my pregnancies. Didn't think it would happen straight away again and couldn't believe our luck to be honest. Best of luck with TTC, hope you will get a BFP very very soon :babydust:
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
It took us 21 months to get our BFP, good luck with your TTC journey :wv
So far i'm suprised at the number who got lucky first try! Thats great! On the other hand it must be so hard to be trying 2+ years, so disappointing. :babydust:
bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
Took us 6 months on no 1 and more like around 18 months on no 2 :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to you!
mrsb09 Posts: 1292
both times lucky first month, but i was using clear blue fertility monitor for about 4 months before i started actually trying just get my cycle in order and know my cycle and when i normally ovulated.. best of luck, hope your lucky n get bfp quickly
I had to google the Clearblue fertility monitor there! :-8 I'm so clueless! It looks cool, are they expensive?
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
nearly 2 years, but had verrrry irregular cycles and only 14 cycles in those 2 years. Eventually, went on clomid and had follicles tracking done and we struck gold on the 2nd month of trying with clomid!
LazyBaby Posts: 464
first try, but at the same time, I took the scientific approach had been temping for about 6 months beforehand, and used OPKs on the month of try, so while was very lucky, it wasn't a "hit and hope - let's just stop trying not to have baby" approach
everhopeful Posts: 76
Almost 2 years: 1 chemical prgnancy, 3 months of clomid, then our second round of IUI was successful.