Poll - New look P&B section

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Girls just wondering what you all feel on this. Maybe a poll will show Fiona what we want.
feelsobad Posts: 693
cant vote for some reason but I would like forums as they are and addition of new angels lost thread Please dont change it back! :o(
pupsalove Posts: 1490
Just a thought but perhaps Fiona et al aren't keen on introducing new fora because this is a website dedicated to weddings and not TTC/Babies etc. It could be very odd for new people joining to see all the baby related topics, I know if I was joining now I would wonder why all these TTC-ers and mammies/mammies2B are not over on magicmum or any of those sites. Don't kill me, I'm just throwing the idea out there.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
good point but I thought that is why it is sectioned up as in Main, General Life and P&B. I find Magic Mum has too many forums and questions aren't answered quickly over there plus I don't think people on WOL made friends when planning their weddings and it's nice to keep in touch when you've moved onto TCC part of your life.
pupsalove Posts: 1490
True but for the WOL people who are actually trying to make money from this site, their focus will be on wedding suppliers and services and the discussion fora are another way of generating revenue via the ads on the banners etc. I'm not saying that is the reason but it is one way of looking at it.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Yes, I think a pregnancy loss forum would be great and possibly it would make more sense to keep the TTC gang in with the rest of the pregnancy-related threads - although perhaps those TTC for 12 months or with assistance might not be of the same opinion as the BFPs must get them down some days. Re. the making money aspect, I don't think anyone is making money from the "Furry Friends" or "WOL meetups" forums, for example! And I don't use MagicMum because it's just too big an impersonal and the atmosphere is completely different over there. I think it makes sense for people who've planned their weddings on here to stick around and share their next big adventures together too, so why not expand the babies/family life section?
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
I vote YES... WOL was introduced to me when I was planning my wedding, i'd never been on any chat rooms or anything... bit of a internet phobic prior to discovering WOL... at that time of my life, it was very exciting to see us all go through the stress, trauma and tantrums of planning a wedding, and of course the joy and bliss of our wedding reports... I think the pregnancy and babies is just the next stage for us all, and it's nice to see how far we've all come from planning the wedding, to planning a family... dont' mean to offend anyone here, but isn't wedding site, with a pregnancy forum just a nutural progression really... you know get married, do the house stuff, plan a family - that's of course if you are lucky enough, or indeed wanting it in that order!!! I have been on one other site, after my first m/c and posted there a few times, but I keep coming back to WOL to see how you all are!!!!
deem Posts: 710
another old WOLr here, and I agree totally the P & B section needs expansion. If you get all the married WOLers to switch to the MM forum when they are married and PG, who do you have to answer all the new WOLers questions? (well apart from the married and not PG WOLers) NEED WE SAY MORE
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
[quote="Pupsalove":3t3vc9jj]True but for the WOL people who are actually trying to make money from this site, their focus will be on wedding suppliers and services and the discussion fora are another way of generating revenue via the ads on the banners etc. I'm not saying that is the reason but it is one way of looking at it.[/quote:3t3vc9jj] I understand that but maybe they could expand it and allow some advertising for babies accessories aswell. I know its supposed to be a weddings website but maybe they could realise the need for some change. I really dont like the new layout we are all split up now and i dont know if its just coincidence but it seems very quite. I rarely look on magicmum cos its too big and impersonal and you could wait days for an answer. Id say have a section for those long time tcc'ers, lost angels one and then a general one. I understand that for those of us trying for a long time the BPF's must be heartbreaking so maybe they need a separate section, cos as another poster said the new BPF announcements are still going to appear on both fora (sp?).
halo Posts: 1406
Just wondering LMS, why is it bugging you so much? what's the big deal of flicking between the two sections, espeically when so many people are happy with the new look?