Menu

Pregnant after C-Section

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CocoBeans Posts: 841
Hey All, I have a c-section 8 months ago (planned) and I'm now pregnant with my second baby. I was wondering if I'll automatically be offered a c-section again or will they go for a natural birth. I'm only 6 weeks gone so it's early days but I'm wondering about coping with a c-section and two babies. Anyone know what the rules are here. My friend was offered a normal birth but there is 3 years between her babies (natural didn't work so another emergency c-section) Thanks everyone.
nelswife Posts: 3869
[quote="CocoBeans":rpyxnc5k]Hey All, I have a c-section 8 months ago (planned) and I'm now pregnant with my second baby. I was wondering if I'll automatically be offered a c-section again or will they go for a natural birth. I'm only 6 weeks gone so it's early days but I'm wondering about coping with a c-section and two babies. Anyone know what the rules are here. My friend was offered a normal birth but there is 3 years between her babies (natural didn't work so another emergency c-section) Thanks everyone.[/quote:rpyxnc5k] I had to have a emergecny section on my 1st after 20+ hours of labour. I got pregnant within 6 months. When i went to see my consultant he offered me a Vbac (the same one that did my emergnecy section the first time), but i refused, i told him i wanted a section, it was a struggle to get him to agree to one, (and i am going to a private hospital), if you want another section put your foot down and demand one, that is what i had to do!! I am terrified of trying for a vaginal birth after what happened to me first time round both me and DS nearly died! Do you want a section or Vaginal birth?, You should be offered the option of a vaginal birth, i just couldnt take the same chance!! Like you i am worried about coping with 2 small babies, a 15 month old and a newborn, some of my family have offered to take holidays from work and come and stay with me for a few weeks after i get out of hospital and husband is going to take holiday leave to, i am also going to leave DS with his childminder too during the day.
CocoBeans Posts: 841
Thanks Nelswife. I guess if I'm honest, I want another section. I feel like I have the scar, and I have no idea how a natural birth will go as it's my first. I've read a lot of horror stories on the web about ruptures so that's scared me too. I've never been in labor so I don't know but I was very sick during and after my last pregnancy and I just want things to go a bit easier this time. It must be a consultant's choice. I'm going Semi-P and my experience so far is they don't listen to a word you say anyway. I'll talk with my GP before going to the hospital. Good luck with baby no.2 - what a great family support you have!
yeah Posts: 109
I'd love to hear the replys to this. I'm similar had emergency section 10 mths ago and I'm now nearly 15 weeks pregnant.
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
Had emergency section on dd1 on dd2 was given the option I chose to go vbac but ended up with another emergency this time will be going for section don't have an option, as for after my dh took two weeks off and I was grand on my own after that had no other help
Sue79 Posts: 175
Both my friend and SIL had Emergency sections on their first and successfully had VBAC's after that. I was similar to nelswife in that I went through the labour and after 10 hours and nearly getting there baby got stressed so they decided to C-Section. I'm hoping to have a VBAC this time around cause I really really really don't want another section. I had my hubby home for 3 weeks and it was just as well cause I found the recovery very tough. My DS was in ICU for 10 days so even after I was discharged I did the daily commute to spend 14 hours with babs (to be around to breastfeed him) and then was expressing during the nite at home so he would have the good stuff for the following nite! Not sure if it helps but I know people who have had both, its entirely a personal choice I think hun! Neither are easy! sue
amberjack Posts: 1273
I had 2 sections within 15 months and had a great receovery both times, so it can be done.
snowbear Posts: 2107
snowbear Posts: 2107
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
I had an emergency section on DS. On my last pg they were extremely pro vbac but I wanted a planned section. At every appointment I told them I wanted a section. They kept telling me to think about it. At my 36 week appointment though when I again said I wanted a section they booked me in for one. Recoverery for me was fine. Re vbac I was told if I went with that option I would have to go into the hospital as soon as I went into labour so they could monitor my scar. I was told that if it remontely looked like it could tear I would be brought straight to theatre for a section. There is 2 years between my 2. I was public btw