Problem with band

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gone anon Posts: 3
Im a regular wol user but have gone anon for this, need some advice. Well we booked our band and recently went to see them but were disappointed. Now our wedding is 3 months away and i dunno what to do. Does anyone know of any good band at reasonable prices or will they all be booked up?
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
Why were you disappointed? You need to think about the reaason why you originally picked them. Did anyone else that was there find them bad too? Is there anyone you can ask?
i think its that they have changed since i booked them a year ago, they are too modern imo, we have a lot of older people coming and the people with us agreed that they wouldnt be right for the wedding.
[quote="gone anon":2baqqx6m]i think its that they have changed since i booked them a year ago, they are too modern imo, we have a lot of older people coming and the people with us agreed that they wouldnt be right for the wedding.[/quote:2baqqx6m] Ok right then contact the band and tell them what your feelings are - tell them that they sound too young for the crowd you have coming and see what their response is. There's no point in losing a deposit on a band without speaking to them first.
ellee Posts: 666
They'll often play different stuff to suit the crowd. Why don't you just talk to them? When we booked ours I wasn't that impressed with them but they were great on the night. Really read the crowd well and had the floor full with all ages. To be honest, yuo'll be lucky to find an alternative at this stage anyway, unless it's a mid week wedding or something...
marquise Posts: 595
A lot of bands adjust their set list to suit the crowd - maybe you should approach them and tell them your concerns. They may be able to do things differently for your wedding?
i spoke to them and they are only willing to change a little as it will mean them learning an awful lot of new songs.
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Did you see them play before you booked them last year? If so, you should explain to them that you booked them based on their set performance last year and you're not happy that they have changed their sound etc. I dont think they are being fair on you if they have changed as you are now paying for a different type of entertainment to what you previously thought you would be getting iykwim.
[quote="MrsWhippy09":bzh4rl42]Did you see them play before you booked them last year? If so, you should explain to them that you booked them based on their set performance last year and you're not happy that they have changed their sound etc. I dont think they are being fair on you if they have changed as you are now paying for a different type of entertainment to what you previously thought you would be getting iykwim.[/quote:bzh4rl42] Was about to advise the same!!!
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
great minds tiredbride... *)