Q about crèche

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

buttercupbabe Posts: 1224
It's way off yet but work has offered to let me use annual leave at end of ML to work shorter week for few mths. Anyway, will creche's let you put baby in for a shorter week e.g. A 3 day week maybe
tilsun Posts: 4506
Some don't but lots will, especially if they can get someone else to take the other days. I think the bigger creches find this easier than small ones. Start ringing around
Pinkly Posts: 1414
I'm sure they will but you may have to pay full creche fee's to make up the rest of the week as they may not be able to get another child to make up the days you'd be off.
buttercupbabe Posts: 1224
Well that really was my question, can I pay for a shorter week. There'd be no point in me paying for a full week, using up holidays & keeping baby at home 2 days a week. I'll ring a few & see what they say
mini-me. Posts: 36
When DS was in crèche he was in three days a week, somedays mon-wed other weeks wed-fri depending on my shift, we only paid for the days he was there. Having said that the manager is lovely and if he needed to stay for an extra hour some days she would never charge us. At the end of the day they need the business! I looked at all the places in my area and when I found the one I liked it was then we discussed hours/fees etc.
Perci Posts: 3847
I would say most creches facilitate shorter weeks. My 2 boys are in for 4 days and that's all we pay for. Having said that it is part of a larger chain and the fees are quite a bit more expensive than independent creches. I wouldn't chose your creche based on whether they'll take them for a shorter week just for a few months though. Go with the one that your happiest with and that tick off most if not all of your criteria.
CherylC Posts: 1071
These days I think a lot of creches will let you go and pay for fewer days - its not usually a direct 60% of the fees for 3 days though, could be 65 - 70% for example, but still much cheaper than full time. Ring around your local creches and they can tell you.
t2be2012 Posts: 718
My ds only goes to creche 1 day per week for the last year and a half and again we change what day it is either thurs or fri depending on my shift at work! We only pay for the day. I couldnt see it being a problem only having them in 3days!!
Milly83 Posts: 3620
When I was on ML after having DD, I wanted to keep DS in for 2 days a week in the creche but they said that someone would have to make up the other 3 days out of the week. They need the full pay at the end of the day. But I know that some do it. It's rare though!
WinterGal Posts: 835
Definetely depends on the creche, my creche will only allow it once the child is over one year old. Before that you must pay the full cost.