Raspberry Leaf Tea...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs.G Posts: 1828
...Can anyone give me the downlow on this?! When should I start taking it? what is it going to do? Thanks! :thnk
sapphire09 Posts: 393
AFAIK you're supposed to take this in late pregnancy ie 36 weeks onwards (so I was told my lady in health shop anyway). I think it helps with toning up your uterus and make contractions more efficient....not 100% sure so please someone correct me if i'm wrong!
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
yes, from 36 weeks is about right. I started mine on Sunday, jsut having a cup a day for the first week and will up it thereafter. I think they say no more than 4 cups a day but it is supposed to help!
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
lovely... will give it a lash so!! Is there anything we wouldn't try? !
byebye Posts: 599
I got very good advise about it. It doesn't cause labour to start quicker but it can produce stronger brackton hicks (false labour pains). This "wise" woman as I'd class her (as everyone goes to her regarding herbal remedies) advised me to wait until I'd reached my due date before taking it.. I've been taking it and was [i:1abu1zpr]convinced[/i:1abu1zpr] since 11pm last night until this morn that I was in early labour, (all night was getting strong contractions 5mins apart-and now nothing!) so I guess I was just getting brackton hicks.