Really Annoyed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Spoon Posts: 207
well girls; I know this is my first month ttc, but i got a bfn last night.. AF not due until tomorrow but thought i could be lucky???? any advice girls would be great!!!! I do drink a lot of Diet Coke i have read that caffine dosent help much when ttc is this true.... i am so upset........... :( :(
mama sugar Posts: 1387
spoon im sorry to hear it was not your month so here you go [img:2nsqbngq]http://www.all-creatures.org/aip/hug-sm.jpg[/img:2nsqbngq] yes I would suggest cutting out/back on the coke you should try and cut out cafine when ttc here is a link I found for preparing for ttc hope this helps [quote:2nsqbngq]Preparing your body Maintain your ideal weight. Pre-pregnancy weight can have an important bearing on pregnancy outcome. Women whose weight falls outside the optimal range have an increased risk of amenorrhoea (no periods) and infertility. To calculate your ideal pre-pregnancy weight click here If you are underweight you may need to go on a sensible eating and exercise programme to increase your weight. If you are overweight you may need a supervised weight loss programme involving dietary advice and exercise. Crash dieting is best avoided as it affects nutritional status. Any woman who diets rigorously is strongly advised not to become pregnant until she is maintaining a desirable weight and a satisfactory intake of nutrients. For more information on good nutrition for pregnancy click here Start taking folic acid supplements. Research shows that taking extra folic acid for 12 weeks before conception and during the first 12 weeks of pregnancy when the foetus is developing can help to prevent neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Folic acid supplements are now widely available over-the-counter. The recommended dose is 400 micrograms. Learn to destress and exercise regularly. Experts have recently begun to highlight the contribution of stress to reproductive problems. Stress is known to predispose to infertility, miscarriage and pre-term labour. Moderate exercise taken regularly in the fresh air improves health, weight and fitness and aids effective relaxation. Yoga exercises are also extremely beneficial in promoting relaxation. Check for pre-existing infections. Any woman who is planning to become pregnant should have her rubella (German measles) status checked and should be vaccinated if necessary. Stringent contraceptive precautions should be taken for three months after vaccination. Any pre-existing infection, for example of the urinary, reproductive or respiratory tracts, or any sexually transmitted disease in either partner, should be treated before conception is attempted. If you smoke – stop! The effects of smoking in pregnancy are well documented. If you are unable to give up completely cut down as much as possible. A recent study in the UK found that women who smoke while trying to get pregnant take longer to conceive. Stop drinking alcohol. It is now known that alcohol consumed during pregnancy can damage the foetus, but the critical amount and time are not known. For this reason you should reduce or discontinue alcohol consumption before and during pregnancy. Do not use recreational drugs such as marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine, etc. Discuss any medications with your doctor. Many drugs are known to have an adverse effect on pregnancy but for the most part their influence in the period before conception are not known. As none can be guaranteed to be completely safe, medications of any kind should be carefully scrutinised. This includes over-the-counter medications such as cold and flu remedies, painkillers, antacids and laxatives, and the use of psychotrophic drugs (e.g. tranquillisers or antidepressants), prescribed or otherwise. [/quote:2nsqbngq]