Recommend a mattress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CatInTheBag Posts: 127
Hi - I started looking at buying a new mattress I didn't realise how they range so widely in prices and there's too much choice. How can I know what will be better - miracoil or spring or memory foam. HELP :wv
vidia Posts: 2960
Its a minefield alright, I got a really good mattress from Big Mikey (I kid you not), if you tend to get warm/hot overnight, stay away from memory foam. Even they guys in H Normans told me that..
littlelulu Posts: 515
[quote="vidia":3588pa73]Its a minefield alright, I got a really good mattress from Big Mikey (I kid you not), if you tend to get warm/hot overnight, stay away from memory foam. Even they guys in H Normans told me that..[/quote:3588pa73] I think you mean big mickey :yelrotflmaosmilie: Did you see the shape of their logo too?????? Coincidence, I think not!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: Memory foam all the way!! LOVE IT. Never found it too warm and I am always warm. If you see me wearing a coat, there must be Baltic conditions outside :yelrotflmaosmilie: The price might seem huge but if you pick the right one it will be worth the money! Mine was €600 nearly 10 years ago and its still perfect! You could get a memory foam mattress topper too. I had one of those when i was renting and it make the crap mattress much comfier :) I definitely would not let the price put me off if it is the right mattress. Think of it as an investment!
atina Posts: 2240
The memory foam ones are very comfy tho and good for your back! I dont have one but when i stay in my mams its memory foam and i love it, deffo getting one next time around
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
We only got ours - finally, just a few weeks ago....and happen to have the reciept still in my wallet!! Our mattress is called Endurance, we got it in Mattress Mick, in the Coolock Industrial Estate. Check out his photo.....I honestly thought they hadn't updated it.....nope, that's what he's like in real life, we met him when we were collecting the mattress!!! [url:5d1g5mla]http://www.mattressmick.ie/[/url:5d1g5mla] :o0 :o0 They have fantastic deals, our mattress was originally €1100 - we got it in his sale for.....€425!!! When we were testing out the mattress, the lovely salesman told us to get on the bed, and hubby was to exaggerate twisting and turning, as if he couldn't sleep - I couldn't feel a thing!!! My Mum and Dad got a new mattress recently too, but it had to be brought back, as there was some fault in it. When they heard about where we got ours, they're looking into getting a new one from Mr Scary Mattress Mick! :o0
littlelulu Posts: 515
Do his teeth sparkle like that in reality!! Haha
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
[quote="littlelulu":oqrkzmi9]Do his teeth sparkle like that in reality!! Haha[/quote:oqrkzmi9] I wasn't going to hang around long enough to find out!! :o0 :o0
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
Another vote for the memory foam - love mine, although as was also said, you do tend to get a bit warmer with them, not that that bothers me, especially in the winter!
Reston Posts: 1321
Memory Foam!! Love mine.