Relaxing music suggestions...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

R2theB Posts: 1660
Hi folks. I'm sure loads of you know by now that I'm a massage therapist. Making some playlists to use during massages on my iPod now, looking for suggestions. I don't like nature sounds and plinky plonky stuff, want real music. Thinking along the lines of Clair De Lune, Bach Cello Suites, Albatross, lots of Air's quieter stuff, Radiohead mellow stuff and so on. Any suggestions would be great, can't be anything that would take away from a client's relaxation. [size=85:qoqzew61]Patiently awaits the first person to suggest AC/DC.[/size:qoqzew61]
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
Thunderstruck!.... Ahem... Just a bit of advice, I love going for massages and I find really distracting if the music they play has lyrics, I zone in on the words a lot and it kinda stops me getting that lovely floaty-away feeling. Also if you're going for classical music try and shy away from the more popular ones, they get used at weddings, funerals etc (obv you wouldn't be playing funerary music but you get me!) so you may not necessarily want anything that conjures up memories. I know saying what not to play isn't exactly answering your question but that's just my 2 cents!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Have you tried going through youtube, you could listen to the music then decide if you like it and would bother buying it? Piano music can be relaxing I find, but that may be very different to the next person! Pan pipes too!
Rogue User Posts: 6101
Pan pipes - JESUS GOD NO! They are my worst nightmare.
Girl From Mars Posts: 1446
[quote="BrideOfRecession":idzmzie7]Pan pipes - JESUS GOD NO! They are my worst nightmare.[/quote:idzmzie7] yeah I'm inclined to agree here. They're a bit cringey. Strings are nice though
R2theB Posts: 1660
Trying avoid anything too new age-y as it's just not my style, so pan pipes are definitely a big no-no. Thanks for the ideas and suggestions so far though. Definitely avoiding lyrics or anything with too much rhythm as I'm aware it can be very distracting for the client alright. I'm just really sick of the relaxation cds I've bought in the past and heard in different places I've worked, just want something a bit varied so I don't go totally mad myself.
hestia Posts: 2368
Enya (straight face)
hestia Posts: 2368
[quote="hestia":2tm99u0e] (straight face)[/quote:2tm99u0e] That's too sore. What about the most boring priest in Ireland from Father Ted. To the youtube machine I goosestep..
Kenny G? Snigger.
We used to put Norah Jones on for the kids in Oz, when we put them down for their afternoon nap? She's not as bad as most relaxing music.