Restaurants in Cork

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mum2Be2013 Posts: 39
Hi there, Im heading to Cork this saturday night with a few friends for a birthday & we are looking for a good restaurant to go to. Somewhere nice but not to expensive. thanks a mill
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
If you like Italian Il Padrino is one of my favorites. Another I like is Scoozi, its cheap cheerful & good atmosphere but if you're planning on spending a long time in the restaurant the seating isnt overly comfortable, nice to pop in for a bite to eat.
Momof2 Posts: 3884
I like Soho theres a good buzz about it and theres a nice bar down stairs if you want to have a few drinks there
Jawl Posts: 8881
I second Scoozi's but again not if you want to make a night of it. It can be cramped. Soho is gorgeous too.
bigjt11 Posts: 170
I second il padrino and soho. Not a huge fan of Scoozis anymore though a couple of blah meals there recently. The cornstore, only if you are eating early, the quality of the food and service goes down hill once it starts filling up with big groups on weekend nights. I have heard very good things about Fenns quay but i haven't been there yet myself, loads of choice though, menupages.ie is good for getting an idea of whats out there, has sample menus and reviews.
mooney Posts: 147
Went to Electric on the South Mall last week (it's newly opened) very nice .....
grazia Posts: 740
great food & atmosphere here:
MidnightJasmine Posts: 238
Scoozi's is rotten. Liberty Grill is v nice. I like Isaacs too. Market Lane is good too.
Jawl Posts: 8881
[quote="MidnightJasmine":1rgz8gv4]Scoozi's is rotten. Liberty Grill is v nice. I like Isaacs too. Market Lane is good too.[/quote:1rgz8gv4] Oh yes, Liberty Grill is lovely!
MidnightJasmine Posts: 238
I'd say Liberty Grill and then pop across the road for a post dinner cocktail in the Long Island. O-O