Restaurants Tralee

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

oodlings Posts: 103
Hey guys Anybody have recommendations for nice restaurants in tralee for family meal? O-O
anyone :o)ll
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
Hi I wouldnt know tralee town but the ballygarry hs hotel is fab for a meal Try trip adviser if your stuck
carolinep34 Posts: 129
It depends of what you're looking for. There are restaurants belonging to hotels such as the carlton, the brandon, the grand hotel, the meadowlands hotel. There are also restaurants such as bella bia, Il Pomo Doro which are both Italian restaurants, there are several Indian and Chinese places as well. Someone mentioned Ballygarry but that is a bit outside of the town. Do you want a restaurant in Tralee town?
Thanks for the replies girls, CAROLINE YEAH WOULD BE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING IN CITY CENTER. A RESTAURANT THAT DOES A BIT OF EVERYTHING REALLY STEAK SEA FOOD ETC SOMETHING TO SUIT EVEYONE, OH AND A DECENT WINE LIST AS WELL!! O-O
ElmosWife Posts: 348
Hi one restaurant I've eaten in a few times is called Cassidy's.Its right in the middle of the town.Does everything from steak to fish etc.We've always loved the food there but if there is a large group of ye, you might want to book in advance.I think they have a website but if not PM me and I'll give you the number.HTH
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
Definately would recommend the station house, its about a mile outside Tralee in Blennerville. Really good food! They do unusual specials like Kangroo or rabbit. But also do great burgers and home cut chips, and "normal" dishes. It's quite reasonable for the quality of food and service. Just don't be in a rush. Everything is cooked from scratch so can be a while. Bella Bia is another great one. You will need to book on a weekend night. Its an italian, but they have regular dishes on the menu too. Very cheap, and they usually throw in a complimentary irish coffee or sambuca at the end of the meal. Tirmaind Thai is my other favourite. Its a very authentic thai, food is delish!! Enjoy. Let us know how you get on!!
Wagtail79 Posts: 193
[quote="dresstoimpress":2mxlpk9k]Bella Bia is another great one. You will need to book on a weekend night. Its an italian, but they have regular dishes on the menu too. Very cheap, and they usually throw in a complimentary irish coffee or sambuca at the end of the meal.[/quote:2mxlpk9k] +1 for Bella Bia - lovely people, lovely food. It's been a while since I lived in Tralee, but my favourites were: Stoker's Lodge, Oakpark: http://www.menupages.ie/Kerry/north_ker ... /menu.aspx The Grand Hotel bar, Denny St. (good steak): http://www.grandhoteltralee.com/bar.htm Very good Indian food: Indian Castle, Castle St. http://www.irelands-directory.com/takea ... cid=310571 These are all fairly central in the town. Enjoy and let us know how you get on!
bellabear2012 Posts: 162
Dantes is a new Gastro pub, ate there yesterday soooo good and very reasonable, it used to be called Vals but has just been taken over by new owners, i'd definitely recommend it
carolinep34 Posts: 129
I've heard Cassidy's is very nice, it's popular with large groups but another restaurant owned by the same people is Finnigan's. It's a lovely intimate restaurant and is located in the town.