Menu

semi-private....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kittysue Posts: 1016
Does going semi-private mean you have to get a consultant....
Tess72 Posts: 1173
No semi private means when you go for your hospital appointments you will see whichever consultant is on that day. So you do not have to book a specific consultant yourself. I'm semi private in the Rotunda and I've never seen the same consultant twice. Every time I've been there I've seen a different consultant.
So i don't have to fork out 3 or 4 grand so unless i specifically say I want such and such a consultant.
January Baby Posts: 1427
It depends on the hospital, I'm semi-private in Holles Street & I got to pick a consultant & I will see him on every visit! Costing us 260euro!
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
I'm the same kittysue - with Holles Street and you get to pick your Consultant and see him every visit. He most likely won't be there at the birth though - unless he's on call that day he may peek his head around the door - and run straight back out probably :o0
sherbetlemon........was actually thinking of going with Mullingar.........would like to go semi-private but don't think I'll bother with a consultant.
Service Finder
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
Well with Holles Street you have to choose a consultant with semi-private. Don't think you've a choice as far as I'm aware. I'd say every hospital has a different policy with regards to this. I'm sure Mullingar will tell you if you give them a buzz or check their website. Best of luck :wv
Thanks....yea I might give them a buzz and suss them out. I'm with quinn essential plus ...but I'm only covered if babs is born after 1st of March and my EDD is the 4th of March ....so we'll see what happens.