sex after having baby

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pout1 Posts: 135
hi girls am just wondering how long after having your little ones that you had sex again i am kinda afraid 4 weeks after that all has not healed down there but not sure if i am been over anxious love to hear your experiences :wv
Piggle Posts: 1770
My friends said they waited at least six weeks ... but even at that they said they didnt feel they were ready! I dread the first time!!! :)
wifetobe Posts: 1438
We dtd after 3w and 2 days. It was a bit tender but I was dying to :-8 it was really nice without the bump tbh! I did feel ok down there though, they do recommend 6 weeks though . hth :wv
March Baby Posts: 89
They say after the six week checkup. I have told my hubby this (we are excepting no. 1) and he was like, OMG! Some friends have told me it really depends, one of my friends was up for it the day she got home! Depends on how you are feeling and if you needed stitches I suppose. God I started to show early as I am very small and I can't wait to dtd again without my bump getting in the way! Give you a laugh, last weekend while spending some time with hubby my baby started to kick, it was a bit of a turn off I have to say. Suppose when baby arrives we will get less time so maybe he was giving me a warning!
Diamondz Posts: 2208
at my last antenatal class midwife said they prefer if you have DTD before your six week checkup so you can let them know if anything is wrong etc... sounds quick to me but i guess it depends how the birth goes and how you feel down below afterwards...
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Yep I heard before the six weeks too and did this and it was a sore alright but think its so they can make sure you are healing correctly :-8
simon Posts: 105
for me it has been really sore. I've only done it twice in 3 months and it just feels so tight. Its not happening at all. Is it ever gonna get better
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
For me it was 3 weeks, but I had a section, so I think different rules apply. For my SIL it was 6 months :eek :eek :eek
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
How long should you wait after a section? If its six weeks for a normal birth it must be so much more after c.section???
milis Posts: 7998
[quote="hagfromhell":1rrbvpp9]How long should you wait after a section? If its six weeks for a normal birth it must be so much more after c.section???[/quote:1rrbvpp9] why would it be more? i'd have thought less!!!