Should i rent my wedding dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

msdf2b Posts: 64
Hi I had a dress bought but as I have fallen pregnant I wont fit into it, so I'm thinking of renting one. just wondering what peoples view is to this, would you rent yours?
Mustang Sally Posts: 394
Why not! Totally depends on you and what you want. Wedding dresses are REALLY expensive, I think there was a poll on here recently and the average what people spend is at least €1000 which is a LOT of money! :action34 especially for something you only wear once. I'm not sure where you would be able to rent from though and another problem might be getting a dress to fit just right, I presume you wouldn't be able to alter a rented dress.
msdf2b Posts: 64
Yeah i found a supplier in limerick, hopefully they will have something that fits!!!! i dont want to spend a fortune on a dress I'll wear for one day, but is it kind of tacky to go down this road? personally i dont think it is just interested to see what others think?
flor Posts: 1621
personally, i don't think it's tacky either.as others have said, why not; wedding dresses are so expensive. saw pictures of a girl a while back who had rented a high end designer gown in an ivory colour & it looked fab. lots of wedding gowns look like evening gowns now so you couldn't tell the difference. go for it!
ianstuart Posts: 1947
Yea go for it. Its a great idea.
BlossomHill Posts: 2169
I think it's a great idea. A chance to get a fabulous dress for the day at a fraction of the real price
somedaymrs Posts: 68
Hiya Brilliant idea,can you pm me any details of suppliers please :-)