So upset..poor kids...Can't listen to the news anymore..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DublinGirl Posts: 1307
I'm sure we are all deeply affected and disgusted by that animal vanessa george and the abuse she inflicted on the little mites attending little ted's nursery everyday but at least they;ve caught this monster and hopefully she won't harm anyone again. But last night I turned on Sky news to get the headlines before going to bed and there was a story of an 18 year old mother arrested for inflicting bruising and bites etc to her 6mth old and another story of a 3 year old gorgeous little girl having been smothered to death by a couple in their 40's. It showed a photo of the little innocent thing all done up for a wedding or something.It was like she was a flowergirl.She had little flowers in her hair and a pretty dress and she looked like an angel with her blonde curls. I burst into angry tears on the sofa cause I think seeing the little mite's face made it more real and how bad things are out there. How can people do this???It makes me sick. I really feel so so so down today....
LJMom Posts: 1100
I know Dublingirl I read about that on sk news website yesterad the world is fullos sick people it makes you so much more protective over our own kids >:o(
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
I know most people don't agree with "an eye for an eye" type of thing, but I really think torture is too good for the b*stards that do things like that to a child. The same amount of pain and suffering should be inflicted on them. Imagine their innocent little faces looking up at the people who should be protecting them, wondering why is Mammy / Daddy doing these things to me
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Was reading at the weekend about the millions of homeless orphan kids in India. One child though was not an orphan but his family were really poor and the father actually broke the boys 2 legs and sent him out to beg in the hope that people would think he was deformed and would get more money. A charity managed to rescue him but his dad kidnapped him back and the next time they saw him on a tourist beach, both his arms and legs were broken and he was walking like a crab. Puts a lot of things into perspective, doesnt it?
aston Posts: 4100
[quote="designerwine":3nit9cgn]I know most people don't agree with "an eye for an eye" type of thing, but I really think torture is too good for the b*stards that do things like that to a child. The same amount of pain and suffering should be inflicted on them. Imagine their innocent little faces looking up at the people who should be protecting them, wondering why is Mammy / Daddy doing these things to me[/quote:3nit9cgn] Completely agree! Worse pain should be inflicted on the "parents" and also I would get both of them sterilised! They dont deserve to be able to have any other children. Makes me sick
littlechick Posts: 758
I don't know how people do these things, and to there own children :eek It's crazy, I was looking after my 5 month old nephew all weekend and he is just such a gorgeous happy little boy - how could anyone hurt a baby?? Makes my blood boil >:o(
hipbaby Posts: 4530
God I feel sick reading those posts. i watched that woman on the news last week and felt capable of doing her a serious injury but what is even sicker is that she won't put the poor families out of their misery and tell them which children were abused.. My little girl started Montessori this year and the trust you have in the teachers to mind and care for your child is huge. I cannot even begin to comprehend what the parents are going through and what effect it will have on the children. I cannot understand how nobody at the montessori caught her in the act or maybe it was just her there..
BusyDee Posts: 8527
[quote="hipbaby":2aleyucg] she won't put the poor families out of their misery and tell them which children were abused.. [/quote:2aleyucg] Aparantly she's keeping quite so she can use it (the kids names) in exchange for a lighter sentence.
marles Posts: 1397
It is so sad these are only a few of the cases. I have come across so many children who are neglected,illtreated and left so emotional destroyed all becasue of their parents or the people who are supposed to care for them. It is heart breaking especially since children are innocent and thes adults who have been trusted to care for them are such monsters. Take the case in todays Indo,the guy gets a few years for breaking a 5 year olds arm,giving him cold showers and baths to hide the bruises.The mother got a three year suspended sentence!Madness.