Sunday Lunch @ G Ramseys in Powerscourt

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bonita Posts: 1678
Anybody been ? Just looking for a review please. Ive heard the Sunday Lunch menu is nice & fairly reasonable ??
Nobody ??
NowGone Posts: 8042
I've been for dinner twice, and wouldn't go for dinner again. However, lunch is supposed to be really good value, and I'd deffo do that. Book well in advance, mind.
TokenMale Posts: 6845
Haven't been for Sunday lunch, but was there for Saturday night dinner. It was okay, not somewhere I'd be returning to all that often, and nowhere near the standard of Dublin's best restaurants (despite the initial hype). That said, when I *do* go back it will definitely be for Sunday lunch. They make a conscious effort to be more relaxed I believe, and besides, you'll be able to see the view. If you go, let me know how you get on, will you?
gerbil Posts: 3528
we stayed over and had dinner and I have to say it was excellent, the wines were great and the food was perfect - we found the staff extremely pleasant and friendly and after dinner we stayed for a post prandial in the restaurant and had a great talk with both the maitre d' and the sommelier who'd been on our table (really nice chap from france) Highly recommend it.
Lucille-Bluth Posts: 1145
[quote="gerbil":vlhiif8g]we stayed over and had dinner and I have to say it was excellent, the wines were great and the food was perfect - we found the staff extremely pleasant and friendly and after dinner we stayed for a post prandial in the restaurant and had a great talk with both the maitre d' and the sommelier who'd been on our table (really nice chap from france) Highly recommend it.[/quote:vlhiif8g] Took the words right out of my mouth - thought the food was yummy (though the portions teeny weeny!), the staff were amazing, the wine was cold, the mojitos were laced with rum and the atmosphere really relaxed and enjoyable. I dont know if I would go there often - portions were small and it was pain in the hole to get home again, but defo worth visiting for a special occasion!
gerbil Posts: 3528
[quote="Dwight K. Schrute":1nfqeos7][quote="gerbil":1nfqeos7]we stayed over and had dinner and I have to say it was excellent, the wines were great and the food was perfect - we found the staff extremely pleasant and friendly and after dinner we stayed for a post prandial in the restaurant and had a great talk with both the maitre d' and the sommelier who'd been on our table (really nice chap from france) Highly recommend it.[/quote:1nfqeos7] Took the words right out of my mouth - thought the food was yummy (though the portions teeny weeny!), the staff were amazing, the wine was cold, the mojitos were laced with rum and the atmosphere really relaxed and enjoyable. I dont know if I would go there often - portions were small and it [b:1nfqeos7]was pain in the hole to get home again, [/b:1nfqeos7]but defo worth visiting for a special occasion![/quote:1nfqeos7] STay over next time O-O O-O we got a garden suite, it was gorgeous, really enjoyed the stay and the spa is lovely apparantly (DH used spa)
Thanks for the reviews - yea I heard Sunday lunch was relaxed & good value. Funny thing is I rang up on Monday afternoon and got a table for 6 for this Sunday (bank hol) no probs. I was surpirsed - Anyway I'll let you know next week how it was