Taking new name - Going on honeymoon - names on passports...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

WifeZilla Posts: 1222
Someone told me you sign the register as man and wife - say he's Joe Bloggs - you sign the register "Bridey Bloggs" as his wife. I'm just wondering that if you go on honeymoon right after the wedding, you can still use your maiden name, right? Once your passport has your maiden name, and the tickets are in your maiden name, you can go on honeymoon... I've my passport in my maiden name and don't plan on changing my name until i get back from honeymoon.
scotswedding Posts: 2829
Yeah Bridie, book it in your maiden name. Not even sure if there is a way round it with wedding cert and stuff but am sure even if there is it's much less hassle to book it in name your passport is in.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
Common mistake that you sign the marriage cert in your married name you don't and you sign it in your maiden name !!!
Ninthmarch Posts: 9
And you sign the register with your maiden name...........be sure all details on it are correct. We signed the wrong dates (sacristan had our Baptism dates instead of Dates of Birth) and we had to go to court to get it changed! :o(
Pheebs Posts: 1102
Bridey as long as tickets and passports are in maiden name then use maiden name. It doesn't matter that officially you have changed your name.
anonymousbridetobe Posts: 1563
You sign register in your maiden name and need to have the same surname on tickets as passport. I know that you can have your name on passport changed before the wedding but it wont be activiated until the day of the wedding. IMO I think this is a bit dicey, and I personally would wait until after to change name on passport; I'd die if I didn't get on honeymoon. :o0