teething- cant suck bottle?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

windycity Posts: 2241
Hi girls, havent been on in so long! My 4 month old twins are teething :action34 DD used to be a fantastic feeder, bottle down no prob. Then with the teething all of a sidden its like sucking the bottle is hurting her.. Anyone experience this?? any idea what to do?:
ciaraella Posts: 5323
Try putting some teetha on the gums 10 mins before a feed, will help relieve the pain for long enough to have the bottle
mamabelle Posts: 1101
+1 to teeth a suggestion. Other thing is perhaps it's not teeth related - my DD acted like she was in agony taking bottle at this stage but it was frustration that milk wasn't coming out quickly enough so I changed teat size and she was grand. But she used to suck and throw herself off the bottle screaming before the change so initially I thought teething, wind, colic....
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="mamabelle":3abznlck]+1 to teeth a suggestion. Other thing is perhaps it's not teeth related - my DD acted like she was in agony taking bottle at this stage but it was frustration that milk wasn't coming out quickly enough so I changed teat size and she was grand. But she used to suck and throw herself off the bottle screaming before the change so initially I thought teething, wind, colic....[/quote:3abznlck] I would have thought the teat size would be the issue rather than teeth. But do try giving something on the gums before bottle, be no harm.
Delphinium Posts: 3027
Yeah, I'd try the next size teat first and at that maybe give a couple of days to get used to the new flow. They can get very frustrated if it's not coming out fast enough for them. If that's not working it could well be teeth and Calgel or some such a few minutes before a feed is helpful.