Want to join WW anyone else interested

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

amummynow Posts: 604
I really want to join WW even though I don't have much spare time to go would only be able to stay for weigh ins not classes is there any point in joining then do you think and more importantly is there anyone out there that wants to join with me really need the motivation
Panama Posts: 383
The classes do really help - especially if you've a good leader. But you can totally do it on your own. I would advise maybe staying at least for the first class if you can though, to get all the info. I'm back doing it myself after putting on a bit of the weight I lost a couple of years ago. I haven't gone back to class yet but I think I will soon enough. If you have an iPhone there's an app called Value Diary which is really really good for working out points and tracking etc. Well worth the price. Have you done WW before, especially the new programme? I have to say I found the new programme brilliant. The UK site is quite good, especially the forums for getting info on how it all works etc. I'm definitely on for joining with you for the support - I'm slowly getting back in the right head space but the more support the better!!
I haven't ever done WW before but really need help getting motivated I could probably stay for the first class but that would be it I'd say would be great if we could help each other along I hear the new system pro points is great not sure I completely understand the extra 49 pts you get though I have quiet a bit of weight to loose as I had a baby last year and have just done nothing about loosing it he is a year old now and I need to do something my bad time of the day is when he goes to bed I usually have a cuppa and a few biscuits that I really don't need but still have most evenings exercise for me is non existent but I do love walking so I would plan on doing that with WW
The one thing that really helped me was tracking everything I ate - and I mean everything! Every little thing that passes your lips. You need to point and weigh everything, especially at the beginning. It teaches you about your portion sizes (a big issue for me). I invested in a digital scales from aldi so not too expensive and it was so worth it. Ask me anything at all - trust me when you get in the right frame of mind it actually becomes enjoyable. Even writing about it is making me feel more motivated - I'm remembering how much I enjoyed losing that weight and how great I felt.
In relation to the 49 points.... These are yours to use any way you want over the week. All at once or spread over the days. You don't have to use them all, but I always did and lost every week. They're great if you have a night out or for a treat such as a takeaway once a week.
mscarebear Posts: 317
Enough is enough I've put on nearly a stone since I bought my dress due to injury So I'm signing up tomorrow
wibbleywobbley Posts: 56
Hey girls, I'll join this thread with you for support :) . I recently joined weight watchers and I have to say I'm finding the pro points plan great. Monday was my 2nd weigh in and so far over the two weeks I've lost 5.5lb.. I lost 3lb the first week and 2.5lb this week... :o)ll i'm giving it my all this week as I want to get over the half a stone mark... I started off on my first week with daily points of 27. When I had my first weigh in and dropped 3lb my daily points went down to 26. I believe this is the lowest you will ever drop to. Depending on your start weight you might have a higher daily points allowance that will keep dropping as you lose weight... My goal is to loose a stone by end of July. Like the rest of you I said enough is enough its time to get myself sorted and loose some weight.. I'm glad I joined WW, our leader is great I've stayed for every class so far as I get great tips off the other girls and our leader...
Im the one who started this thread and havent even been able to joing ww this week cause both myself and baby down with the flu only good point is im not eating much have no appetitie am determined to join next tuesday all support welcome great to see another few for the moral support WibbleyWobbley do you think it would work without staying for the classes
mscarebear Posts: 317
Amummynow, next Tuesday you'll have the need hope you feel better soon Ww that's great well done you. Got my dress today won't do up so I started tonight Weight was 12.06 :O Oh well head out of the sand and the journey begins Ladies we can do this
awsomeusername Posts: 31
Can I join in on this thread? I did weight watchers 3 years ago and lost 2.5 stone and got down to my ideal weight and managed to keep it off until I got pregnant last year plus some extra. I totally over indulged and put it all back on. Been using the "I just had a baby excuse" for way to long, ds is over 7 months now. Ive lost a stone of my extra weight but still have two to go and I'm lagging. Don't have time to go to classes as it clashes with ds bed time but could really use the support of you ladies to stay in the right head space if you don't mind that is.