Weather :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pixiebell Posts: 739
When is this weather going to ease up??? Normally i don't mind but we live up a big bendy hill which i can't get up or down in the car..we have no water and i really need a shower and can't use the water to cook either :-8 and the heating is prob going to go! Ncie to look at and all but i'm getting fed up of it by now.....also if i can't make it in to work i don't want to waste my holidays before the wedding...not major problems i know but could be an excuse for a wine evening >:o)
jan8 Posts: 554
focus on ur last point there pixiebell :hic
I Know...lucky i stocked up at christmas and the roads were to bad for visitors so i've loads....only down side is meeting with the hotel tomorr to discuss the menu and need to be focus :o0 but one or two won't hurt :hic
mulli Posts: 36
I can definitely see the need for wine!!!!!! This weather is crazy!! :eek Time for the fire, good film and plenty of wine!! lol :o0
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
Yeah, the weather is definitely pants, really sick of it now, its awful that you have no water. According to the weather it's going to start easing off on Monday, tomorrow is to be bad though. I was just deciding whether i should have a cup of tea or a nice big glass of wine, I think I'll go for the wine! Definitely won't be venturing out this evening. Went for a walk today and everywhere is completely white, it's lovely to walk in but horrible when ya actually have to go anywhere. Ah well hopefully it'll start to move on soon.
veryv Posts: 970
It was a novelty at first having snow and all but now its getting scary. Our gas heating went bust today, we had to call the emergency gas number and a service man had to come out and replace a part in our meter outside. Turns out the part had frozen through!! Our neighbours are having the same trouble and the serviceman has had to replace about ten of these parts so far. Its crazy. My advice to anyone with gas heating - leave it on constantly, it keeps the pipes from bursting and keeps things ticking over. Leave the thermostat at about 20deg and there shouldn't be any problems. Im sick of the whole thing!
adorabelle Posts: 880
I'm getting fed up too - starting to get cabin fever!
MrsAH Posts: 3715
We have been snowed in since Wednesday! Starting to feel the cabin fever. On the one hand I love it, it is so pretty up the Dublin Mountains, our dog just loves it and we have been going out everyday with him (our cat is none to impressed though). Then on the other hand, I have to try and get to my parents house where the snow isn't too bad so I have a chance of getting to work tomorrow. I don't want to leave H2B and the furries for god knows how long!!
yeah...looks like no water for another couple of days at least..so we are told If you can't make it to work cos of the weather do they takeit as a days hols in the private sector??? i've saved all my days for the wedding and don't want to waste them but might not have an option.
MrsAH Posts: 3715
[quote="pixiebell":2il1lgxe]yeah...looks like no water for another couple of days at least..so we are told [b:2il1lgxe]If you can't make it to work cos of the weather do they takeit as a days hols in the private sector???[/b:2il1lgxe] i've saved all my days for the wedding and don't want to waste them but might not have an option.[/quote:2il1lgxe] I'd love to know this too! I had to take 2 days last week!