Wedding Pressie for H2b

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pololady Posts: 191
Sorry if its been done to death, but wrecking my head trying to think of a wedding pressie for himself to give either on the morning or the day after. Anyone doing this? If so what are you doing! He's into rugby
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I got my husband the box set of 24 (he's a huge fan) a digital camera and I did him up a New Husband Survival Kit as a joke present. Things like socks in case he got cold feet, vouchers for watching the footy, useful phrases such as 'your bum looks tiny today' that he might need for his new wife! How about tickets to a rugby international? Maybe a signed jersey if there was one on Ebay? Or something like that? I don't know anything about rugby, sorry! Oh actually, a friend of ours did our photography for us on our wedding day and he's into rugby. We got him rugby ball shaped cufflinks on Ebay. They're really nice, just plain silver but in the shape of a rugby ball with the little stitching markings on them. They were about 15 sterling I think.
Akashla Posts: 237
Or naugty photos of you wearing his favourite teams shirt? >:o) Love the emergency husband kit idea!
The New Husband Survival Kit is very good. well done with that one. Love the idea of the cuff links also. I've no clue about rugby so no idea either. The signed jersery sounds good but dunno where I'd start looking for it. Ebay I suppose.
[quote="Akashla":1ur1qne3]Or naugty photos of you wearing his favourite teams shirt? >:o) ![/quote:1ur1qne3] Not sure if I have the [b:1ur1qne3]balls [/b:1ur1qne3]for this :o0
mellowmood Posts: 433
Not sure how much money you want to spend but you could get him club season ticket? If he knows anyone with one you could coordinate with them so their seats are together?
[quote="mellowmood":2886o51h]Not sure how much money you want to spend but you could get him club season ticket? If he knows anyone with one you could coordinate with them so their seats are together?[/quote:2886o51h] No idea how much this is but it sounds expensive. We don't live near Aviva or anything so one match would be fine, go and make a weekend of it kinda thing. Been searching all morning for a signed jersey..
mellowmood Posts: 433
It's about €300 and yeah there is no point if you're not near club grounds. Dunno where you'd get a signed shirt sorry!
Hi there pololady, Try this site http://www.rugbyrelics.com/ireland-rugby.htm All sorts of signed stuff there, autographs, memorabilia etc.
PS: the site is really badly laid out! Scroll all the way down to the bottom for lots of memorabelia and signed stuff. It's all in there, you just have to navigate it! Hope this helps!