WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

soulful Posts: 1697
Hi all. Getting married september 24th 09 in navan and reception in trim castle. I was going to have 3 bridesmaid, my sister, sister in law, and a friend. Just got a text off my sister a few minutes ago saying - "wont be at your wedding and I cant be bridesmaid as I have 3 children and he (her husband) is working the full month of september". Her daughter aged 3 was meant to be my flower girl. She has 3 children a boy aged 12, and 2 girls aged 3 and 1 year old. I cannot believe she is doing this to me. She lives in Navan too. Her kids would have been fine coming to the wedding and she knew this, and its amazing that her husband knows he is working the full month of september when he usually works shift hours, 4 days on and 4 off! I dont know why she is doing this to me now. She has always been a drama queen but this is low and my parents are furious with her. Its going to cause drama I dont need just so it all revolves around her. I didnt even reply to her text and I wont as this is all she wants. She has fallen out with my brother as 7 months ago she sent the nastiest texts to him. She is known for doing this and I have been on the receiving end of them often too. What should I do?
mentalrebel Posts: 1603
ignore the idiot and get on with your planning.
cmor Posts: 638
Thats a horrible thing to do! :eek Why would she send such a text out of the blue? If I were you I wouldn't respond and I'd plan my wedding without her involvement. She'll come around once she realises shes not getting the attention she wants. I wouldn't have her in my bridal party at all. Best of luck with everything *)
Have to agree with you she is an idiot. I dont want to see her again. She just has to cause drama and is not like a sister should be. :o(
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Sorry to hear this asha79! I think you're better off moving on with the wedding without her. Sounds like she's more hassle than you need given that she fell out with your brother. As you said her hubby works shift work so how he'd do he's required to work the whole month of September sounds odd. Seems to be like she's looking for attention - best way to deal with that is not to give it to her! The last thing you need is to deal with this drama!
molly moo Posts: 363
Have to agree with mentalrebel, get on with your planning and enjoy it, it seems that if she is involved she's only going to ruin it anyway for you, Best of luck with it all, you still have your other 2 bridesmaids too so don't be worrying too much about that aspect.... It seems you are better off with her dramatics Good Luck :thnk
Yes she has always been an attention seeker but this is the last straw. I am just not going to reply to her text or talk to her. In fact I wouldnt care if I never saw her again. Drama Drama Drama all the time.
fruitypie Posts: 826
God that's an awful way to treat you, but it gives you a good chance to get her out of the wedding party. Ignore her and get on with your planning without her. By any chance does she have a psychiatric problem, depression or anything? Does she need someone to talk to or is she just plain vicious?
She a very jealous person and very highly strung and has always caused dramas in the family. Completely irrational behaviour. Another family member had depression but is treated for it but is the nicest girl ever so it has nothing to do with that mental illness. My sister just needs to be the centre of attention and is jealous that maybe I could have a bit of attention that day
Greece Posts: 1800
[quote="mentalrebel":5iua18rz]ignore the idiot and get on with your planning.[/quote:5iua18rz] Totally agreee - dont reply, just plan without her or her kids part of it. If things get sorted she will be there as a guest - dont dwell, you dont need the stress x