what do ye think

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

meowwww Posts: 295
Hi just looking for some opinions on this. At present I work 15min drive to work with no traffic. I work in an office on my own and I get home in the evenings at 6. The thing is Im finding it very lonely and the town im working in there is nothing to do or nowhere to go its what you would call a one horse town. Im starting o feel really down and hate coming in Im not motivated and my life seems to be work-home-work-home. Im living a good bit away from friends and family so my only outlet is the gym but again you dont exactly meet and chat to people in there. Anyway there is a job going in the city centre (dublin) 10k more then what Im on here and in a large company, my hubbie thinks I would be mad commuting in every day but the train station is a 10 min walk from the house and it only takes 40 mins to get in. I would have to get up an hour earlier and home an hour later but I dont think getting home at 7pm is too bad and sure Im sitting at home from 6 to 7 waiting for hubbie anyway. I just wish I had a crystal ball. Ive only got married recently so I dont know if the come down of the wedding is effecting me aswell. Sorry for bring so blue on a friday but any advice/opinions greatly appreciated
mad woman Posts: 22106
i think you know the answer yourself pet. if it makes you happy go for it.
snowbride2008 Posts: 786
I think go for it chick. If it makes you happy then do it. And sure if after a while it doesnt work out, nothing stopping ya from leaving and getting another job closer to home. I know what its like working in an iffice on yer own in the middle of nowhere...I hate it too. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do pet :wv
DJSeptbride Posts: 396
Go for it Dublin city is great to work in. I miss it so much.
*gone* Posts: 4785
We spend too many hours of our lives in work to be unhappy in it... so if you think that you'll enjoy this new job, then go for it. You are lucky that you have the train station nearby, and an hour on either side of your day isn't a lot to sacrifice for job satisfaction and an extra few bob!!
brookee Posts: 751
you have to do what makes you happy!
meowwww Posts: 295
thanks, :lvs
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="Cheshire Cat":1dx3thea][b:1dx3thea]We spend too many hours of our lives in work to be unhappy in it... [/b:1dx3thea]so if you think that you'll enjoy this new job, then go for it. You are lucky that you have the train station nearby, and an hour on either side of your day isn't a lot to sacrifice for job satisfaction and an extra few bob!![/quote:1dx3thea] I second this, someone told me once that being miserable in work is like a jail sentence. You are constantly waiting to finish in the evenings and start to dread going back to work Mondays during the weekend. If you would be happier in Dublin City then go for it, the days would go way quicker. :wv
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Go for it, if it's what makes you happy then it's soooo worth it. The others here are so right, if you're unhappy in your job then you're going to be pretty miserable in general. I had crappy jobs for years and years and was so unhappy, I'm so glad I finally made the move. You won't regret it, and hey if it doesn't work out then it's another of lifes lessons for you. Plenty of jobs out there that will make you happy!