What do you think of this dress????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Teeny10 Posts: 566
Hi all, would love your opinions on this dress. In case the picture doesn't post properly it is Sophia Tolli Emily. I was looking for something unusual and would get it in this colour, am not sure how I would match up the bridesmaids colours though - all ideas are welcome. [img:1otyqrgb]http://www.sophiatolli.com/ImageScaling.aspx?ImageUrl=http://www.sophiatolli.com/Photos/SophiaTolli/Large/Y2704.jpg&w=150&h=200&scale=0&stream=False[/img:1otyqrgb]
Ficidy Posts: 1753
[img:2qfyzgsb]http://www.brides.com/images/vendor/dressgallery/bridal/sophiatolli/00_main/y2704_primary.jpg[/img:2qfyzgsb] It's ok, but I'll be honest with you. You said you're looking for something unusual and I don't think this really is. If you look at the photos most of the girls here post a lot of them look like this - strapless and ruched at the side. I really don't understand why so many people go for strapless dresses! Sorry, just my own personal opinion, but you did ask and am trying to be as helpful as possible.
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
have to agree with ficidy i also wonder why everyone seems to pick really similar dresses saying that the colour is a unusual alright :wv
Shinney Posts: 266
I like it, it is similar to some on here as ficidy said but i like a lot of the detailing on it, the short layer on top and stuff. The colour is also nice. Bridesmaids could be gold / dusty pink. Have you tried it? I think an 'unusual' dress is very much a matter of taste, what would be unusual to someone would be very normal for someone else. If its the one i think go for it cause it is lovely.
ela28 Posts: 2552
hi ya,i do agree with the others about it being a similar dress to others that girls have asked for opinions on,i do not find it unusual as such,but in saying that something i might think is unusual,you could think it is quite normal,it is a lovely dress and an unusual colour,i think you would look fab in it,very pretty *)
chocbiscuitcake Posts: 658
I think the dress is lovely, but as others have said, the style isn't particularly unusual. However, I really have never understood why someone would want something unusual or different just for the sake of it; if you love it and if it suits you, go for it! Don't go chasing yourself into the ground looking for something unusual just so you can say your dress is unusual, IYKWIM.
bridesrus Posts: 917
Very traditional and the same as most brides wear - they come in looking for something different and when u show them something they say "No I was thinking strapless and swept over to side" - AH NOT UNUSUAL!!! Nothing wrong with the dress - it is nice and will give a great shape for a bride - but defo not unusual - this style has been about in various shapes and style for about 10yrs now. O-O Still one of the best selling style of wedding dress. Bxx
Teeny10 Posts: 566
Hi all, thanks for the replies I meant to say that I'll be getting halter neck straps on it in Ivory with the lace going through them to match the dress. I've tried a lot of dresses now and just thought the colour was unusual and it looks well on. I do agree that there are a lot of strapless dresses out there and I definitely want straps on mine. My dress hunt is still ongoing though - have been to 11 shops so far and only like two dresses one of which is this one!!! O-O