What Is Your Favourite Hotel in Ireland?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BestXmas Posts: 461
A close friend is getting married in June and I want to get her and her husband to be a hotel voucher that they can use sometime after the honeymoon. So looking for recommendations for hotels around Ireland, which is your favourite? Know this has been done before but I'm too lazy to look it up!!!
jewellb Posts: 2389
Mine and DH personal fav's inchydoney west cork #1,brooklodge, sea field in gorey, mulranny in mayo, the ice house ballina, love inchy it's my absolute fav, can you get a voucher for a group of hotels and then they could choose which one they want not sure if this can be done.
BestXmas Posts: 461
Thanks jewelb, I'm not sure if you can get vouchers that cover lots of different hotels! I must look that up!
tassajara Posts: 723
The Blue Book vouchers covers some country houses and hotels:
Mrs W Posts: 2923
The blue book hotels are very expensive, my SIL got one as a wedding present for €350 and could only get 2 nights away max with it. There are great deals going on hotels, groupon and living social have brilliant offers on 2&3 nights b&b&d for €120 - 150 for 2 Is it possible to get a voucher for the radisson that's they could use in any radisson? I love the Sligo and Galway radissons
Shopgirl 1 Posts: 660
Bluebook are expensive, but lovely hotels, I think the ice house already mentioned is one. We got a voucher and used for Rathmullen House in Donegal, best hotel break ever. Monart would also be a lovely treat.
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I loved the Blue Book vouchers we got as wedding gifts as it gave us a chance to stay in hotels we wouldn't justify the price of otherwise! We added the price of what we would have spent in less luxurious places to them and also kept an eye out for deals to use them. I think a Blue Book voucher is a better idea than picking a voucher for a specific hotel.
eefc Posts: 1201
My favorite hotel has to be The Brehon in Killarney. Its my perfect hotel, love it!
excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
Lough Rynn Castle, Leitrim, Kilronan Castle, Roscommon or Knockranny House, Westport are all fab :lvs Great pressie, I would love to get a voucher like this :)
Lanzbride Posts: 100
My favourites are the radisson in galway, the lyrath in kilkenny & the heritage golf & spa resort in killenard. all fab hotels!