What was the % red and % white wine at your wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

groom_zilla Posts: 109
At the end of your wedding day do you know what was the ratio of bottles of red wine to white wine that were drank?
barley Posts: 858
Good question. We're thinking of 70% red and 30% white but I might be wrong. Then again you might have a full table drinking red and no white so I will be telling the staff to keep an eye on this and make sure there aren't any full bottles untouched on tables as they could be moved to another table.
I'm going to put up a new poll asking for people to choose which wine they prefer, red or white so we can see the percentage, might help choose the amount of each we buy...
annie77 Posts: 484
You're better off to go 50/50 because you just won't know until the day what way the crowd pans out. If it's a nice day, maybe more will go for white. Our worked out about 55 white, 45 red. We bought our own wine so had loads on hand and ended up taking home a few cases.
groom_zilla Posts: 109
[quote="Barley":2kpzcw7w]I'm going to put up a new poll asking for people to choose which wine they prefer, red or white so we can see the percentage, might help choose the amount of each we buy...[/quote:2kpzcw7w] I don't that will be accurate. Your poll is likely to show a lot higher red wine drinkers than you would get at a wedding. People who don't really drink wine are more likely to ask for white. Also people who might normally have a slight preference for red, have a good chance of switching to white for weddings due to it being much earlier in the day than their normal wine drinking and because they're after drinking champagne which white wine is closer to in taste.
The poll so far is showing the opposite, more white than red. I may have to ask a few of the guests. We're having a wine tasting evening with a few friends to pick the actual bottle we choose to buy in from France and this will help a little. All of my friends and family drink red wine with the exception of about 2 but don't know about H2Bs family. It's a hard one...
she Posts: 3298
were going to order 12 bottles of red and 36 bottles of white, were have 100 at the wedding, including about 15 kids and I probably know that at least 20 dont drink wine at all, so were getting a toast as well.......most would drink white anyway.....
may08_bride Posts: 200
We have gone 40:60 in terms of red to white. For all reasons above - white, I think also is more popular with non wine drinkers, and red can be very heavy for early evening. (I drink white so am maybe a wee bit biased :o0 O-O )
fefe Posts: 218
We should have approx. 100-120 guests and bought 36 bottles of red and 36 of white.....not going to worry about it....if one goes quicker and we run out we have a hotel wine picked as back up.
Linda H Posts: 1151
Really interested in this also!