When do you book Ante-Natal classes?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Aug Dream Posts: 142
Hiya, I'm just wondering when should you be starting to book Ante-Natal classes for yourself? I'm just 10 and a half weeks pregnant and wondering what's the norm? Thanks for your help Aug Dream
Incognito Posts: 232
Aug Dream, We're only doing a one day class. I booked it when I reached 12 weeks- I was too superstitous before then! At that stage there were only a few places left on the course in May. So the moral of the story is that you could probably book now. Good luck with the pregnancy. HTH
MotherNature Posts: 317
Your hospital should arrange that for you.
[email protected] Posts: 492
Hiya, You really need to book yourself into the classes yourself and if i remember right they tend to book up very quicklyIf you ring the Hospital they will put you through to the relevant person. The times of the classes didn't suit my hubby or myself last time so we attended a 1 day programme in the Springfield Hotel in Lexlip. I found it excellent - though tiring but Doreen made it so interesting we were all rivited. It cost 150euro. Her phone number is 0876245927 Good luck
Esketti Posts: 936
I didnt realise you had to pay for ante natel classes? Do you HAVE to do them??? I havent booked anything yet ;o(
Christmas B Posts: 6191
Oh good question!!! My first visit with the doc is on Tuesday so I'll get all the info then!!
[email protected] Posts: 492
[b:1gkzwx3e]No - you don't have to pay[/b:1gkzwx3e] We only paid because we couldn't make the hospital classes. I don't they are complusory but i'd highly recommend them Best of luck
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Must depend on the hospital then, I'm going to the Rotunda and they're organising it, they're during the day time. I've had the first already but the rest aren't until July ie closer to the time.
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Booked mine two weeks ago - it starts end May. We are also paying for ours as the time and location suits us better than in the hospital - costing €150.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I'm planning on booking very soon as we want to do a one-day class and the tickets sell out very quickly! If you do them at the hospital they are either free or very cheap - I think they cost about 12 euros at OLOL in Drogheda.