Wine at meal, what drinks for kids?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CestMoi Posts: 2162
It just dawned on me that we are only offering wine at the meal and have about 15 or so kids & young teens that will be left out unless we offer something else for them. They won't be at the table with their parents either, so do we notify the hotel to get a drink for them separately, or does this over complicate it?
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
We have alot of non drinkers going to ours as well as kids so getting hotel to put squash on the tables
That's a good idea - at least we haven't left them out and their parents can buy them something else if they don't like it. Thanks, must talk to the hotel and get them to do it. :thnk
hellsbells10 Posts: 165
I wonder for the younger kids, could you not just offer them water?? I'm only thinking of the sugar kick off minerals that might send them racing around the place
No it shouldn't be too bad, 4 boys in one family but the older two will be fine and I'm sure their mum will only have to look at the younger 2 and they will be ok. Besides 2 others who will be with my SIL (she will control them), the rest are 14 and older I think so it should be fine. I'm not stressing!
hellsbells10 Posts: 165
That sounds fine. We will have eight children at the wedding all under the age of 4. They are our nieces and nephews and a couple of them have tendencies to get extremely excited and hyper so I might be sticking to water!
stephyb Posts: 1439
we're having personalised litre bottles of water on our table, along with wine and a jug of squash. Was also considering schloer, as i myself don't drink wine but love schloer. x