Woke up and jumped outta bed this morning

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Christmasmammy Posts: 120
Morning Ladies Woke up this morning, took me a few seconds to acknowledge that I was lying on my tummy. Well I don't think I have jump outta the bed quick enough. I couldn't even tell you how long I was sleeping on my stomach. Does this happen to anybody else? I thought that because its in the back of my mind I wouldn't end up on my stomach. How dangerous is this? Help needed. Worried.
pag Posts: 633
It's not dangerous at all. The main reason why pregnant women don't sleep on their fronts is due to comfort! Sleeping on your back can cause some concern as you progress through your pregnancy but even with that if there is any pressure on the vena cava usually your body automatically will move you to your left side. Don't be stressing at all over it.
babybambino Posts: 940
Don't Panic! I did a quick google and it says nothing about it being dangerous to sleep on your stomach, just that it might be too uncomfortable after the first trimester. I'm on my phone so I can't really see your ticker to see how far along you are. I found it very uncomfortable to lie on my tummy from early on, it's possible that you weren't in that position for long and you woke up because of the discomfort.
Marvin Mole Posts: 1076
On my first DD I woke up on my tummy nearly every day until almost 30 weeks!
Christmasmammy Posts: 120
[quote="babybambino":36fajeds]Don't Panic! I did a quick google and it says nothing about it being dangerous to sleep on your stomach, just that it might be too uncomfortable after the first trimester. I'm on my phone so I can't really see your ticker to see how far along you are. I found it very uncomfortable to lie on my tummy from early on, it's possible that you weren't in that position for long and you woke up because of the discomfort.[/quote:36fajeds] I am 25weeks On Saturday O ladies thank you so much- I have been worrying so much this morning. I kept thinking Ill squash the LO and keep prodding my belly to get a kick. Ye are stars. :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs
MrsDr Posts: 1316
Make the most of it, you wont be able to do it for much longer!! I loved sleeping on my belly and was gutted when I couldnt do it anymore :o( !! Baby is well padded in there, dont worry :lvs
Snuddlums Posts: 1644
Im like this about sleeping on my back,All great intentions sleeping on my side but then i wake on my back terrifed im doing damage to baby :duh:
mrsp2010 Posts: 1461
i always wake up on my back, so iv taken to proppin pillows behind my back so at least when i roll im not flat!