Would Ivory Flower Girls dresses clash with my White Dress?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ms. G Michael Posts: 280
Hiya gang. I have my white wedding dress and i have seen a dress in ivory in debenhams for the flower girls but as i said its ivory. Does this matter is there a big difference for photos etc. The same dress is online in white in Angelwears.com. But its the hassle of ordering online. Going to put up a post now to see has anyone ordered from there.
Neady1981 Posts: 128
I had the opposite problem. My dress is diamond white which is more like ivory. i looked at white flowergirl dresses in the same shop and the owner told me they would make my dress look dirty, probably because white is so bright. have you got a piece of material from your dress that you could hold against the flowergirls dress? I saw the dresses in Debenhams - they are gorgeous - but they are all ivory at the moment - couldn't see any white ones
Ms. G Michael Posts: 280
I know its a pain next debenhams everywhere has ivory...
sinead266 Posts: 914
yeah i dont think it would go at all, i have my pageboys and flowergirls in white and i was looking for white dress myself, when i went into the shops to try on dresses i seen a ivory one i liked but the shop girl said it wouldnt go at all so white for me,
smurf2be Posts: 10
sorry but i too agree that the white and ivory would clash. my dress is pure white too and had a nightmare trying to find flower girls dresses. someone recommended this website to me cutekiddy.com and i got two flower girls dresses which were perfect for what i wanted. plain white with a black band around them and a little flower. deliverd to the door they were only 76 euro for the two!!! this is a link to the one i got i really hope this helps!!
candypants Posts: 8575
When i read the post at first i though oh yeah would def clash, then i realised thats what my sister had! Never realised though and im picky :o0 If you want, pm me with your email add and ill send you a pic to see what its like side to side. HTH
Wolaholic Posts: 477
I think it would clash badly. For instance my dress was very pale ivory and initially I got a gorgeous ivory dress in BHS for flower girl but had to leave it back as it looked horrible beside my dress (to be honest like there was wee-wee spilled on it! :o0 ) I know it is very very hard to get white flower girl dresses though - and shoes!
oliviak83 Posts: 360
I think it would clash
bijou Posts: 1154
check out my photo on the wedding reports - my dress was ivory and fg ws crystal white!
Anjalina Posts: 1
Well i think that i will be good. Ivory and white will look good. Try it. Well with white many other colors also go very nice..Well if you are looking for nice and cheap rated bridesmaids dresses then i would like to suggest you to go [url=http://www.nexteve.com/shophome.html:12krptg5]Nexteve.com[/url:12krptg5] it an online shop, and offers all dresses at very cheap rates, dress material used it really very nice. Iam sure you will like it.....