After months (and possibly even years) of planning, those last precious few weeks will be full of amazing milestones and one dwindling wedding to-do list (yay!). While the big stuff will be well under way, there’s lots of other little tasks that won’t happen until the final few days and with it being a bit of a whirlwind, you don’t want to forget anything. Here’s a few last minute tasks to add to your to-do list in that final week so it’s plain sailing on the Big Day!
Your Complete Wedding Checklist
1. Make a wedding morning timeline – Make sure you guys have a fun and stress free wedding morning by putting together a timeline for all the bridal prep. The morning zips by so this way you know what you should be doing and when. Don’t forget brekkie, some time for bubbly, times for hair and make-up for everyone, when to put on the dresses, some time for photo fun and the absolute latest you can leave the house!
2. Leave out your MRF – Make sure you leave out your Marriage Registration Form and assign someone to take it on the morning!
3. Pick up decor – Pick up any last minute bits and pieces the like ribbons for the getaway car or a special knife for cutting the cake.
Photo from Laura & Daniel’s real wedding by The Fennells
4. Have everything you need to hand – Leave out all your wedding day essentials – underwear, accessories, your robe or PJs to get ready in, your hanger for your dress and random stuff like your garter or insoles. Keep them all together so you have them for the morning – make sure you haven’t forgotten anything for your overnight bag either (check out our ultimate checklist here)! Pack you bridal clutch too if you have one with some cash, mints and tissues.
5. Give the room you’re getting ready in a quick once over – Make sure the room you’re getting ready in is good to go – the photographer will be snapping away on the morning of the wedding and the last thing you want is used mugs and the laundry basket lurking in the background of your precious photos.
6. Make your wedding morning playlist – If you haven’t put together a playlist to add to the party atmosphere on the wedding morning, be sure to pop over to Spotify and pick out one of their pre-made lists or get one of the girls to compile one! Check out some awesome Pre-wedding Playlist song ideas here.
Photo from Laura & David’s real wedding by Eric Molimard Photography
7. Gather anything you wanted photographed – Want a pic of your invite or a card someone gave you for your wedding album? Make sure to get them together before the Big Day so the photographer can take a pic of them.
8. Sort supplier envelopes – If you’ve supplier balances to pay on the day, make sure to sort the envelopes beforehand so they’re all ready to go. Hand them over to one of the bridesmaids or groomsmen so they can pass it on to the relevant person on the day.
9. Pack some ‘dancing shoes’ – If you’re worried about your shoes doing your head in come dance floor time, pick up a pair of flats, flip flops or pumps so you can enjoy every last minute (pain free)!
Photo from Nikola & Gary’s real wedding by Zi Fernandes Photography
10. Confirm timings – Confirm what time the wedding car will pick you up and anything else that needs to be finalised such as what time the cake or flowers are being delivered and where.
11. Pick up and pack some snacks for the getaway car – Between photos and chatting, it might be awhile before you eat so it could be good to have something to nibble on in the car after the ceremony.
12. Make sure the girls know what time the beauty prep kicks off – Let all the gang know what time they’ve to be at your house/venue.
13. Wrap gifts and write cards – If you’ve pressies to wrap or cards to write for your parents or hubby or wife-to-be, put aside some time to get them sorted.
Photo from Niamh & Jason’s real wedding by Emma Russell Photography
14. Check the weather forecast – The last thing you want is to be surprised on the Big Day by a downpour and not have any nice brollies to hand. Take a peek at Met Eireann on the lead up so you can pick up some pretty wedding umbrellas. Irish stores Allure, Wedding Belles Bridal Accessories & Gifts and The Lovely Little Label all stock gorgeous brollies!
15. Print out a list of contacts – Print out a list of suppliers and contact numbers for your bridesmaid or best man so they have all the contact deets in case there’s an emergency!
16. Make sure your emergency kit is ready to go – This will come in super handy on the day itself if you get a little stain on your dress or you need a spare hair clip. Pack all your essentials in a tin or bag so you’re sorted in case of any mini dramas. Check out some essentials here.
Main photo Mairead & Oliver’s real wedding by Memories Photography by Magda
The following two tabs change content below.
Pamela enjoys writing about all things decor (she loves buying it too) and has a not so secret addiction to stationery.